5paisa.com is a online discount broker backed by one of India’s leading financial services companies – IIFL, which has over 2.9 million happy customers across various business segments. 5paisa.com is established in the year 2015. Although, it is relatively a new player in the industry, it is already into three financial domains including broking, mutual funds and insurance under one roof. Within stock broking, it allows trading within NSE, BSE & MCX-SX exchanges through its membership with the respective exchanges.
The main selling point of 5 Paisa is that they offer all financial products on their platform.
5paisa.com has surprised the broking industry by offering trading services at a flat fee of Rs. 10 per order, which is lowest in the industry (50% lower than the lowest brokerage claimed). What makes 5paisa stand out differently is, unlike its peers in the industry, 5paisa provides research calls to its clients, which no other player in this space provides at such a low cost.
2) Mutual Funds
5paisa.com has launched its very own robo-advisory platform where it will address all the financial needs of an individual. One can also invest in tax-saving instruments (ELSS) and start a SIP in mutual funds through the app. The auto investor algorithm intelligently analyses your profile and investment objectives to handpick just the right funds that will help you get superior returns.
The company is also a distributer of insurance - life, health and motor. The company has tied up with more than 20 insurers and offers a choice of more than 100 plans across various types of insurance. You can get the best products at affordable costs with 5paisa.com
5paisa.com Brokerage Charges
5paisa.com has surprised the broking industry by offering trading services at a flat fee of Rs. 10 per order, which is half the price of the likes of Zerodha or Upstox when it comes to brokerage at intraday levels.
First 5 trades are free with out any brokerage
5paisa.com Other Charges
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling charged only on sell side - Rs.0.025% or Rs.25 which ever is higher.
- Call and Trade feature is available at an extra cost of Rs 50/- per call + Rs.10 each order.
- Digital Contract notes are sent via Email. Physical copies of contract notes can be ordered at additional charge of Rs 20/- per contract + Courier charges.
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 22 banks - Rs 9 per fund transfer.
Account Opening Charges -
- Trading & Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 650
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): NIL
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 400 Per Year (First year free)
Holding 25k or more worth of shares for the first 30 days in demat account, then total Account opening charges of Rs.650 will get refund to the trading account.
5paisa.com Platforms & Tools
5paisa.com provides terminal based, web based and mobile app based trading platforms to its users. However, what differentiates it from the rest are the unique features these platforms provide over the rest.
Desktop Trading Application - The desktop application is called "Trader Terminal" and is designed for high volume equity traders or day traders. Trader Terminal provides high volume trading with powerful interface and fast order execution.
Few popular features of trader terminal are:
- Fast trade execution with instant trade confirmation.
- Live streaming quotes and price watch on any number of stocks.
- Intra day charts, updated live, tick-by-tick.
- Live margin, position, marked to market profit & loss report.
- Set any number of price alerts on any number of scrips.
- Flexibility to customize screen layout and setting.
- Top Gainers, Top Losers, Most Active, updated live.
- Index information; index chart, index stock information live.
- Online intra-day technical calls.
- Historical charts and technical analysis tools.
Web-based Trading Platform - The Web-based trading platform is called "Trade Station" available on selected browsers i.e Crome, Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer.This product provides limited features in comparison of Trader Terminal.
To acces this application, user just nned to go to the official website, click Login, enter username and password and get ging with their trading.
5paisa Trade station offers you the following features:
- Live stock market Quotes from NSE & BSE like those in ET Markets
- Multiple order types offering flexbility to the user
- Intra day charts, updated live, tick-by-tick
- Historical charts and technical analysis tools
- Online research technical calls.
Mobile Application - The mobile application looks decent and provides one-stop access to trading, mutual funds and insurance.
You can create 3 watch lists with 50 stocks each. The application offers basic charting functionality with 4 indicators. The only advantage we could see is that you can access MF’s, insurance and stocks from one place. The management of this discount stock broker claims that 70% of the transactions done everyday happen through this mobile app.
5paisa.com Education & Research
Unlike other peers in the stock broking industry, 5paisa.com provides research calls to its clients, which no other player in this space provides at such a low cost. Client of 5paisa will receive recommendations via SMS to their registered mobile number for free of cost.
Apart from providing recommendations, 5paisa.com also educate people about the financial markets through Knowledge Center, the educational blog about everything from basics of the stock markets to options trading strategies.
5paisa.com Customer Service
5paisa.com is available to its clients through the following communication channels:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – +91 8976 689 766
5paisa.com should certainly look forward to increase the number of communication channels such as web chat, Tool free numbers so that clients can have better number of options to get service on the move. If 5paisa is looking any sort of value to its clients through customer service, it needs to look at the following aspects very closely:
- Train its executives team and make them skillful enough to deal with clients cominf with different types of quaries.
A lot of users have complained about the professionalism of the executives and the customer care service quality is reviewed as "below average".
5paisa.com Closing Thoughts
5paisa.com is among the fastest growing among discount brokers next to Zerodha, the Bengaluru based firm which has captured the market for discount broking taking advantage of being the first mover in the space. 5paisa.com too has registered a good growth in this segment With low brokerage, decent trading platform, provision of tips and recommendations- it certainly offers more than value for money service to its clients.