Zerodha Kite Review - 2018
Last Updated: Jun -9-2018
Kite is an in-house Web & Mobile based trading platform of Zerodha, named for its super simple user interface, integrated trading and reporting (Q/Quant) platform, brilliant charting, intuitive search and filters, lightning fast trading, and more.
Following are some gist of features to know about Kite -
- Extensive charting with over 100 indicators and 6 chart types.
- Live & Historical Charts with different time Intervals 1Min/3Min/5Min/10Min/15Min/30Min/Hour/1 Day/1Week/1Month.
- Advanced order types like Bracket and cover Order.
- Millisecond order placements.
- Chrome Extension - Access Kite account from any website with just a single click on the extension.
This is how Kite web platform looks like-
This is how Kite Mobile Applications looks like -
URL for Kite web login - https://kite.zerodha.com
Kite mobile - Available on Andriod & iOS.
There is no difference between Kite Web & Kite Mobile trading application, almost this two trading platforms carries out similar features.
ZERODHA KITE 3.0
Zerodha Kite 3.0 is an updated version of Kite trading platform, available for Web trading as of now. It has taken one whole year to rebuild the vast Kite ecosystem from the ground up, all the way from the backend systems, APIs, and to the web front-end.
Here’s a gist of what’s new in Kite 3.0 -
- Browser Notifications - Never miss any important notifications from zerodha with the new browser notifications on Kite. You’ll see all the messages on Kite no matter what application you’re using.
- Add any index, stock or contract from the marketwatch to the top index bar, by using PINs.
- Trading from the charts.
- Multiple chart view.
- Floating Order window.
- New Order types - Bracket Order with trigger entry, Cover Order with limit entry.
This is how Zerodha Kite 3.0 looks like -
URL for Kite 3.0 web login – https://kite3.zerodha.com
All the new features of the Kite 3.0 are amazing making it one the best web trading platform. With in next few weeks, mobile app will be upgraded with all the new features of Kite 3.0 web platform.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING KITE TRADING PLATFORM
Some of the concerns faced by users while trading on kite platform-
- Tools like backtesting, expert advisors, scanners which are available on PI, is not available on Kite.
- Minor issues in charting features seen in IE browser
ADVANTAGES OF USING KITE TRADING PLATFORM
Same time, Some of the features users enjoy while trading on Kite platform-
- Bandwidth consumption of less than 0.5 Kbps for a full marketwatch.
- Available in multiple languages. Users who do not understand English can trade in their regional language.
- Single click to access tools like Q back-office, Varsity, Pulse.
Conclusion - Zerodha Kite is one of the most used trading platforms. In terms of both performance & usability, it is considered to be the best web & mobile based trading platform.