Prostocks , is a venture of Sunlight Broking LLP founded on Feb 2016 by S P Toshniwal and Saurabh Ranka. It is an online Discount broking company. It offers its customer to trade in NSE and BSE in the segment like Equity Cash, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives and Demat services with average saving on brokerage of 60% to 99% than traditional brokers. Key features offered to customers are:
- Flat rate pricing
- Trading platform flexibility
- Brokerage calculator
- Superior customer service
ProStocks Brokerage Charges
ProStocks is one of the very few discount brokers who offer unlimited trading for fixed monthly fee. The plan includes Rs.899 for equity and equity derivatives trading at NSE or BSE and Rs.499 monthly trading plan for unlimited monthly trading in currency derivative trading.
ProStocks also offer Rs 15 per trade pricing plan which is popular among casual investors and traders. ProStocks customer pay flat Rs 15 per executed order irrespective to the size of the order in this plan.
NRI Trading Plan
The scheme offers NRI with the cheapest brokerage plan. It offers a flat rate of rs 100 on investment in equity, Exchange traded funds (ETFs) and trade in futures & options segment.
Rs 100/ executed trade.
ProStocks Other Charges
- Call&Trade: Rs 10 per executed order. Note that this is lowest among discount brokers.
- Digital contract notes are sent through email only. Physical copies of contract notes can be ordered at additional charge of Rs 50 per contract. Courier charges are extra.
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 22 banks - Rs 9 per fund transfer.
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling charged only on sell side - Rs 8 + Rs 5.5 = Rs 13.50 per transaction.
Account Opening Charges -
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Rs 0
- Demat Account Opening Fee: Rs 0
- Trading Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 0
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 0 (with Rs 1000 one time refundable deposit)
ProStocks Platforms & Tools
Prostocks offers two types of trading application for Desktop, web, and mobile for the high-quality trading experience. The platform is available free of cost for all customers.
- Prostocks- It is inhouse developed trading platforms
- NSE NOW- NOW (NEAT on Web) platform is provided by NSE
Prostocks Trading Platforms -
Prostocks Desktop: This is an advanced trading software suitable for regular traders who prefer high performance, various investment segments and speedy order executions. The trading application has advanced market tools to identify and measure trend strength, analyze price movements and make strategies. Features of Prostocks desktop application are:
- Fully customize trading application.
- Unlimited scrips allowed in the market watch feature where upto 4 market watches can be added.
- Advance Ultra-Fast real time charting for investor and professional.
- Advance action watch.
- More than 150 technical analysis studies for users looking to perform intraday trading.
Prostocks Web: Prostocks web is a secure web based trading platform that clients can access the terminal from any standard web browser from anywhere. The web application comes with the following features:
- Access to online reports and real time market updates.
- Users can place orders directly from the charting feature.
- Multi-level security keeps all sorts of hacking or phishing away.
Prostocks Mobile: Prostocks recently introduced a mobile app which is relatively much lighter as compared to other mobile trading apps. Although, there is still a lot can be added into this mobile app, however there are some features added, such as:
- Market Watch
- Real time market updates and movements
- Watch lists
- Order reports
NOW Desktop: It offers a customizable platform with advanced technologies. professional tools, charts, and many features. Trading using this platform is considered more responsive and faster than other desktop application.Features of this application are:
- Completely customizable
- Multiple watchlists, streaming live quotes, news, and charts
- Advanced order types like bracket order and after- market order
- All in one stock, derivative and currency trading
NOW Web: Available in the web browser that saves the hassle of downloading and installing software. Can be accessed from multiple systems. Key features of NSE NOW are:
- Flexible order entry
- Fast and quality execution
- Real-time streaming quotes
- Interactive charts
NOW Mobile: Available in IoS, android, windows and blackberry devices. The app gives the flexibility to track and analyze market from mobile devices. Key features of the app are:
- Light and adaptable
- Simple and navigation
- Real time news feed
- Customizable account settings
ProStocks Education & Research
Prostocks don't give stock tips or research report regarding buying and selling of stocks nor help traders & investors to booste knowledge about financial market by provding offline or online educational blogs in order to succeed.
ProStocks Customer Service
Prostocks offers the following communication for its clients to get in touch with them:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – (022)-38110110
As of now Prostocks is doing a resonable job when it comes to customer service. It provides quick resolutions with phone communication to its clients. However, number of communication channels should certainly increase such as web chat, Tool free numbers so that clients can have better number of options to get service on the move.
ProStocks Closing Thoughts
Online discount broking companies are getting popular among investors due to its cost saving approach on investment and maximizing profits. Prostocks is one of the new player in this segment. It offers a Flat Rs 15/ trade on customers. It’s free of charge advanced trading platforms from NSE and inbuilt prostocks trade terminal for its customer. One aspect of having an account with discount brokers is, investors need to do their own research and no support Relationship Manager but it commensurate with cheap brokerage plans. On terms of services offered it lags in few segments and margin provided is also less than other discount brokers.