SAMCO Securities Ltd is one of the leading discount brokerage firm allows trading across all leading stock and commodity exchanges in India including BSE, NSE, MCX-SX, MCX and NCDEX.The company has a strong hold in capital market as full service Broker from last 20 years formal brand name Samruddhi Stock Brokers Limited.
SAMCO offers demat services through its membership as a depository participant with CDSL. The company facilitates commodity trading through its associate entity, SAMCO Commodities Ltd. The company primarily caters to retail and corporate clients.
Samco Brokerage Charges
SAMCO charges the flat Rs 20/ executed order for all segments is equal to Zerodha (Rs 20),RKSV (Rs 20),Tradejini (Rs 20) but slightly expensive than SASOnline(Rs 9) & RK Global (Rs 9),Prostocks(Rs 9) & Trade Smart Online(15 Rs).
Samco Other Charges
- Call and Trade feature is available at an extra cost of 20 Rs per call + Service Tax,First 20 call n trade are free.
- Digital Contract notes are sent via Email. Requests for Physical contract notes would be charged at Rs 20 per contract note plus applicable courier charges.
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling charged only on sell side -Rs.10/- per transaction in same DP & Rs 25 or 0.02% of transaction value, whichever is higher- for other DP
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 26 banks - Rs 10 per fund transfer.
- Money withdrawals charges applies as per RBI guidelines.
Account Opening Charges -
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Free
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Free
- Commodity Account Opening Charges: Free
- Trading & Commodity Account Annual maintenance charges (AMC): Nil
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 400
Samco Platforms & Tools
Samco provides terminal based, web based and mobile app based trading platforms to its users.
SAMCO Trader - Samco trader is a terminal based windows trading platform suitable for heavy traders. Samco trader comes with the following features:
- Marcket watch
- Snap Quota trading feature
- Funds transfer
- Cover orders, View RMS margin, capital ot limit
SAMCO WEB 5 - Samco Web 5 is a HTML trading platform that can be accessed directly through a browser and does not need any installs or downloads. Clients can just enter valid username and password and start trading from anywhere.
SAMCO Mobile - Samco Mobile is a comprehensive mobile trading app available Android and IOS. It is known to be highly secured and authenticates the logged in user with numerous algorithms.Some of the fetures of the application include:
- Real time market information
- Provision to add market watch lisits
- Multiple data points for stock analysiss??
"Although, Samco has been able to provide multiple trading platforms, but quality wise there are quite a few compromises that can be observed like low update frequency cycle, slow speed and limited features. Bigger concern is, there is minimal updates done on these trading platforms."
Samco Education & Research
Samco don’t provide advisory services regarding buying and selling of stocks but educate people about the financial markets through Knowlege Center, the educational blog provides an exhaustive repository of basic and intermediate tutorials on trading and investing.
Samco Customer Service
Samco is available to its clients through the following communication channels:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – (022) 2222 7777 | 6169 9000
- Web form - https://www.samco.in/support
- Social Media - Facebook, Twitter & Myspace
Customer service while opening account looks great but later fell apart. Calling CS results in long waits and not great responses. If Samco is looking any sort of value to its clients through customer service, it needs to look at the following aspects very closely:
- Train its customet executives team and make them skillful enough to deal with clients coming with different types of quaries.
- Quicken up the turn around time for the resolution provided to the client.
Samco Closing Thoughts
Samco started well but in the last 6-8 months, there have been a lot of concerns raised by its client base. These concerns are in the category for low performing trading platforms, below quality customer service, hidden charges and so on.
So,yea if you want to have a word with samco executives, you may go ahead and do that but make sure to realize that there are a lot of gray areas that need immediate attention from the broker including their trading platforms, customer service and trasparency.