Sharekhan is one of India's leading full-service stockbroking firm having a most credible name in the share brokerage Industry with more than 17 lakh customers on board and having a presence in 575 cities with 2400 offices and franchisees across India.
ShareKhan was founded in the year 2000 by SSKI Group and became a subsidiary of BNP Paribas in 2016. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. Sharekhan not only offers online trading facility in equity, derivatives, currency, and commodity having membership in NSE, BSE, MCX, and NCDEX, but also provides financial services such as investment in PMS, MF, IPOs and bonds; advisory, research reports, online education, NRI services, and much more.
Sharekhan Brokerage Charges
Sharekhan offers two brokerage plans: Basic Plan and Annual maintenance Scheme (Post Paid / Pre-Paid). These brokerage plans and the charges have been discussed below.
SHAREKHAN BASIC BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the basic brokerage plan, no initial deposit is required. Of course, brokerage slabs are higher for this scheme. Long-term investors and customers who are starting to invest in the financial market generally opt for the basic brokerage plan. The advantage is that brokerage structure is simpler to understand.
|Equity Delivery||0.5% of turnover|
|Equity Intraday||0.1% of turnover|
|Equity Futures||0.1% of turnover|
|Equity Options||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|Currency Futures||0.10% of turnover|
|Currency Options||Rs 30 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|Commodities Futures||0.10% of turnover|
SHAREKHAN POST-PAID BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the Post-Paid brokerage plan, you have to deposit a certain amount of the margin money into a trading account in advance. The brokerage reduces as the margin money is high. The advantage of the Post-Paid plan is whatever funds you deposit in your trading account is refundable in nature.
|Here is the detailed Post-Paid brokerage plan structure:|
|25,000||0.10%||0.10%||0.50%||0.10%||0%||0.10%||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|40,000||0.09%||0%||0.45%||0.09%||0%||0.09%||Rs 95 or 2.25% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|50,000||0.07%||0%||0.40%||0.07%||0%||0.07%||Rs 80 or 1.50% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,00,000||0.05%||0%||0.25%||0.05%||0%||0.05%||Rs 70 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|3,00,000||0.04%||0%||0.20%||0.04%||0%||0.04%||Rs 50 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|5,00,000||0.03%||0%||0.18%||0.03%||0%||0.03%||Rs 40 or 0.75% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|10,00,000||0.02%||0%||0.15%||0.02%||0%||0.02%||Rs 30 or 0.60% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|20,00,000||0.01%||0%||0.10%||0.01%||0%||0.01%||Rs 25 or 0.55% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
SHAREKHAN PRE-PAID BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the Pre-Paid brokerage plan, you have to deposit a fixed amount of brokerage in advance. More you pay upfront, the less brokerage percentage is applied to your trading transaction.
This plan is different from the post-paid plan, which means, whatever amount you deposit as the upfront brokerage is non-refundable in nature.
|Here is the detailed Pre-Paid brokerage plan structure :|
|750||6 Months||0.10%||0%||0.50%||0.10%||0%||0.10%||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,000||6 Months||0.09%||0%||0.45%||0.09%||0%||0.09%||Rs 95 or 2.25% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|2,000||1 Year||0.07%||0%||0.40%||0.07%||0%||0.07%||Rs 80 or 1.50% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|6,000||1 Year||0.05%||0%||0.25%||0.05%||0%||0.05%||Rs 70 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|18,000||1 Year||0.04%||0%||0.20%||0.04%||0%||0.04%||Rs 50 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|30,000||1 Year||0.03%||0%||0.18%||0.03%||0%||0.03%||Rs 40 or 0.75% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|60,000||1 Year||0.02%||0%||0.15%||0.02%||0%||0.02%||Rs 30 or 0.60% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,00,000||1 Year||0.01%||0%||0.10%||0.01%||0%||0.01%||Rs 25 or 0.55% of premium per lot, Whichever is highe|
|2,00,000||1 Year||0.005%||0.005%||0.008%||0.005%||0%||0.005%||Flat Rs 10|
Sharekhan Other Charges
- DP charges for delivery-based equity selling charged only on sell-side - Rs 16 per transaction
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 14 banks - Rs 9 per fund transfer
- Dematerialization Charges - Rs 5 per certificate
- Rematerialisation Charges - Rs 50 per certificate or Rs 50 for every hundred securities
- Pledge Creation - 0.03% of the value of the transaction (Min Rs 100)
SHAREKHAN ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES:
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Classic Account -
|Trade Tiger Account -
|Demat Account Opening Charges||Rs 0|
|Trading Account AMC Charges||Rs 0|
|Demat Account AMC Charges||Rs 450|
Sharekhan Platforms & Tools
Sharekhan has all the three modules of trading platform i.e Web-based, Desktop based, and Mobile based application for trading in stock markets.
- Desktop Terminal - Trade Tiger
- Mobile Application - Sharkhan App
- Web Trading - Sharekhan Web
SHAREKHAN TRADE TIGER
Trade Tiger is a desktop trading application that can surpass paid professional software. Unlike other platforms like Amibroker, MT4, Spider, and Falcon, which cost money, Trade Tiger is free of cost and is only available for clients of ShareKhan. Some of its key features are:
- Allows trading in multiple segments (for multiple exchanges BSE/NSE/Cash & F&O/ MCX/NCDEX) from a single platform.
- Multiple Market Watch available on a Single Screen
- Advanced trading and analytical tools like Trade from Excel and HeatMap
- User-defined alert settings on an input Stock Price trigger
- Tools available to gauge market like Tick Query, Ticker, Action Watch, Option Premium Calculator, Span Calculator, and Market summary
- Instant Pay in Via 14 banks
- Premium Calculator, Span Calculator
This is how the ShareKhan Trade Tiger application looks like:
SHAREKHAN MOBILE APP
Sharekhan App is an in-house mobile trading app of share khan which is user-friendly and has been designed keeping both traders' and investors' requirements in mind. Listed below are some of the features of the Sharekhan App.
- Available for Android & iOS
- Access to domestic market news, top gainer, top loser, top traded volume, top traded turnover, 52 weeks high, 52 weeks low
- Trade, view charts & detailed quote, add to MarketWatch & virtual portfolio directly from scrip search page
- Trade smart with enhanced live charts (Line, Candlestick, Bar, and Area)
- Search for your favorite stock easily with Advanced Future & Option search
This is how the ShareKhan mobile trading application looks like:
SHAREKHAN WEB TRADING
Sharekhan web is designed to be a powerful trading terminal without compromising on simplicity and ease of use. It works on any web browser, without the need for any installation or download. Here is the website:
Some of the features of this application are as follows:
- Access to online reports and real-time market updates
- Provides extensive charting with over 100 indicators
- Millisecond order placement
- Users can place orders directly from the charting feature
- Advanced order types like Bracket and cover orders
- Patter-Finder - Scans the stocks in all supported markets every night, based on the standards of Technical Analysis and delivers the information, via SMS and email alerts, before the market opens the next day.
This is how the Sharekhan web trading application looks like:
Sharekhan Education & Research
Sharekhan offers Online Trading Academy (OTA), a world leader in Professional Trader Education, consisting of qualified instructors and customized courses to understand the basics of trading. OTA has trained over 3,00,000 students. Users have to select the desired Module/Category in order to register for the live training. One of the best ways to learn to be a SELF TRADER in the markets is to sign up for Sharekhan Classroom.
Apart from educating users through online classes, Sharekhan does provide stock recommendations to their clients. However, the quality of these research reports and tips are questionable and is not as accurate as the top-notch players like HDFC and ICICI.
Sharekhan online courses are designed to help you, whether you are new to the market or you've got a fair understanding of it and want to learn more, or even if you are a professional trader.
Sharekhan Customer Service
Sharekhan is available to its clients through the following communication channels:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-Free Number – 1800-22-7500
- Whatsapp - 7506651112/3/4/5
- Chat (intermittently available)
ShareKhan has branches/ franchises all over India that help users to visit an office in case of inquiries or any trading issues.
Online customer support executives of Sharekhan are decently trained and speak in multiples languages depending on the users' requirements. Without a doubt, Sharekhan lives up to its expectations when it comes to servicing its client base.
Sharekhan Closing Thoughts
Sharekhan is a big name in the share brokerage industry with powerful online trading tools, research-based investment advice, and a dedicated customer service. But If your a regular trader, then Sharekhan is definitely not the best choice, as you will end up paying huge brokerage in Intraday trading. The brokerage ranges from 0.5% to 0.25% and the minimum brokerage charge with Sharekhan ranges from Rs 0.1% to 0.2%, as compared to the discount brokers like Zerodha, which is only Rs 20 or 0.01%; hence, you may want to think twice before choosing a broker.