Sharekhan is one of India's Leading full-service stockbroking firm having a most credible name in the share brokerage Industry with 17+ lakhs customers on board and having a presence in 575 cities with 2400 offices and franchisees across India.
ShareKhan was founded in the year 2000 by SSKI Group and become subsidiary of BNP Paribas in 2016. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. Sharekhan not only offer online trading facility in equity, derivatives, currency, and commodity having membership in NSE, BSE, MCX, and NCDEX but also provide financial services such as investment in PMS, MF, IPOs and bonds; advisory, research reports, online education, NRI services and much more.
Sharekhan Brokerage Charges
ShareKhan offers two brokerage plans: Basic Plan and Annual maintenance Scheme (Post Paid / Pre-Paid). These brokerage plans and the charges have been discussed below.
SHAREKHAN BASIC BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the Basic brokerage plan, you don't have to do any initial deposit. Offcourse, brokerage slabs higher for this scheme. Long-term investors and Customers who are starting to invest in the financial market generally opt for basic brokerage plan. The advantage is that brokerage structure is simpler to understand.
|Equity Delivery||0.5% of turnover|
|Equity Intraday||0.1% of turnover|
|Equity Futures||0.1% of turnover|
|Equity Options||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|Currency Futures||0.10% of turnover|
|Currency Options||Rs 30 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|Commodities Futures||0.10% of turnover|
SHAREKHAN POST-PAID BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the Post-Paid brokerage plan, you have to deposit a certain margin money into a trading account in advance. The brokerage reduces as the margin money is high. The advantage of the Post-Paid plan is whatever funds you deposited in your trading account is refundable in nature.
|Here is the detailed Post-Paid brokerage plan structure :|
|25,000||0.10%||0.10%||0.50%||0.10%||0%||0.10%||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|40,000||0.09%||0%||0.45%||0.09%||0%||0.09%||Rs 95 or 2.25% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|50,000||0.07%||0%||0.40%||0.07%||0%||0.07%||Rs 80 or 1.50% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,00,000||0.05%||0%||0.25%||0.05%||0%||0.05%||Rs 70 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|3,00,000||0.04%||0%||0.20%||0.04%||0%||0.04%||Rs 50 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|5,00,000||0.03%||0%||0.18%||0.03%||0%||0.03%||Rs 40 or 0.75% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|10,00,000||0.02%||0%||0.15%||0.02%||0%||0.02%||Rs 30 or 0.60% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|20,00,000||0.01%||0%||0.10%||0.01%||0%||0.01%||Rs 25 or 0.55% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
SHAREKHAN PRE-PAID BROKERAGE PLAN
Under the Pre-Paid brokerage plan, you have to deposit a fixed amount of brokerage in advance. More you pay upfront, the less brokerage percentage is applied for your trading transaction.
This plan is different from the post-paid plan mentioned above in the sense that whatever amount you deposit as upfront brokerage is non-refundable in nature.
|Here is the detailed Pre-Paid brokerage plan structure :|
|750||6 Months||0.10%||0%||0.50%||0.10%||0%||0.10%||Rs 100 or 2.5% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,000||6 Months||0.09%||0%||0.45%||0.09%||0%||0.09%||Rs 95 or 2.25% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|2,000||1 Year||0.07%||0%||0.40%||0.07%||0%||0.07%||Rs 80 or 1.50% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|6,000||1 Year||0.05%||0%||0.25%||0.05%||0%||0.05%||Rs 70 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|18,000||1 Year||0.04%||0%||0.20%||0.04%||0%||0.04%||Rs 50 or 1% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|30,000||1 Year||0.03%||0%||0.18%||0.03%||0%||0.03%||Rs 40 or 0.75% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|60,000||1 Year||0.02%||0%||0.15%||0.02%||0%||0.02%||Rs 30 or 0.60% of premium per lot, Whichever is higher|
|1,00,000||1 Year||0.01%||0%||0.10%||0.01%||0%||0.01%||Rs 25 or 0.55% of premium per lot, Whichever is highe|
|2,00,000||1 Year||0.005%||0.005%||0.008%||0.005%||0%||0.005%||Flat Rs 10|
Sharekhan Other Charges
- DP charges for delivery based equity selling charged only on sell-side - Rs 16 per transaction.
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 14 banks - Rs 9 per fund transfer.
- Dematerialization Charges - Rs 5/- per certificate.
- Rematerialisation Charges - Rs 50 per certificate or Rs 50 for every hundred securities.
- Pledge Creation - 0.03% of the value of the transaction (Min Rs 100)
SHAREKHAN ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES:
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Classic Account -
|Trade Tiger Account -
|Demat Account Opening Charges||Rs 0|
|Trading Account AMC Charges||Rs 0|
|Demat Account AMC Charges||Rs 450|
Sharekhan Platforms & Tools
Share Khan has all the three modules of trading platform i.e Web-based, Desktop based and Mobile based application for trading in stock markets.
- Desktop Terminal - Trade Tiger
- Mobile Application - ShareKhan App
- Web Trading - ShareKhan Web
SHAREKHAN TRADE TIGER
Trade Tiger is a desktop trading application that can surpass paid professional software. Unlike other platforms like Amibroker, MT4, Spider, Falcon which cost money, Trade Tiger is free of cost and is only available for clients of ShareKhan. Some of its key features are:
- Allows trading in multiple segments (for multiple exchange BSE/NSE/Cash & F&O/ MCX/NCDEX ) from a single platform.
- Multiple Market Watch available on a Single Screen.
- Advanced trading and analytical tools like Trade from Excel and HeatMap.
- User-defined alert settings on an input Stock Price trigger
- Tools available to gauge market like Tick Query, Ticker, Action Watch, Option Premium Calculator, Span Calculator and Market summary.
- Instant Pay in Via 14 banks.
- Premium Calculator, Span Calculator.
This is how the ShareKhan TradeTiger application looks like:
SHAREKHAN MOBILE APP
Sharekhan App is an in-house mobile trading app of share khan which is user-friendly and has been designed keeping both traders and investors user’s requirements in mind. Listed below are some of the features of Share Khan App.
- Available for Android & iOS
- Access to domestic market news, top gainer, top loser, top traded volume, top traded turnover, 52 weeks high, 52 week low
- Trade, view charts & detailed quote, add to MarketWatch & virtual portfolio directly from scrip search page
- Trade smart with enhanced live charts (Line, Candlestick, Bar, Area)
- Search for favorite stock easily with Advanced Future & Option search.
This is how the ShareKhan mobile trading application looks like:
SHAREKHAN WEB TRADING
ShareKhan web is designed to be a powerful trading terminal without compromising on simplicity and ease of use. Works on any web browser, no need to install or download anything.The web address for this is https://newtrade.sharekhan.com/skweb/. Some of the features of this application are as follows:
- Access to online reports and real-time market updates.
- Provides extensive charting with over 100 indicators.
- Millisecond order placement.
- Users can place orders directly from the charting feature.
- Advanced order types like Bracket and cover orders.
- Patter-Finder - Scans stocks in all supported markets every night, based on standards of Technical Analysis and delivers the information, via SMS and email alerts, before the market opens the next day.
This is how the ShareKhan web trading application looks like:
Sharekhan Education & Research
Sharekhan offers Online Trading Academy (OTA), a world leader in Professional Trader Education, consists of qualified instructors and customized courses to understand the basics of trading. OTA has trained over 3,00,000 students. Users have to select the desired Module/Category in order to register for the Live training. One of the best ways to learn to be a SELF TRADER in the markets is to sign up for Sharekhan Classroom.
Apart from educating user through online classes, ShareKhan does provide stock recommendations to their clients but the quality of these research reports and tips are above average and is not as accurate as the top-notch players like HDFC and ICICI.
Sharekhan online courses are designed to help you, whether you are new to the market or you've got a fair understanding of it and want to learn more or even if you are a professional trader.
Sharekhan Customer Service
ShareKhan is available to its clients through the following communication channels:
- Email – email@example.com
- Toll-Free Number – 1800-22-7500
- Whatsapp - 7506651112/3/4/5
- Chat (intermittently available)
ShareKhan has branches/ franchises all over India that helps users to visit office for inquiries and to sort out any trading issues.
Online customer support executives of sharekhan are decently trained and speak in multiples languages depending on users requirements. Without a doubt, Sharekhan lives up to its expectations when it comes to servicing its client base.
Sharekhan Closing Thoughts
Sharekhan is a big name in share brokerage Industry with powerful online trading tools, Research-based investment advice, dedicated customer service. But If your a regular trader, than Sharekhan is definitely not the best choice as you will end up paying huge brokerage in Intraday trading. The brokerage ranging from .5% to .25% and minimum brokerage charges ranges from Rs 0.1% to 0.2% with sharekhan as compared to discount brokers like Zerodha,which is only Rs 20 or.01%, you may have to think twice before choosing a broker.