HDFC Securities Overview
Contact HDFC Sec / Request a Call BackGet the best deal when you open account through us
HDFC Securities is known for providing 3-in-1 account which is a combination of HDFC bank saving account, HDFC Securities demat account, and HDFC Securities trading account. Together it provides a safe, secure, and seamless trading experience. HDFC Securities had more than 6 lacs active clients in the year 2017 and 18 and continues to grow their client base rapidly. They also have the industry's finest research team. HDFC Securities have been ranked as the second best stockbroker in India. Dhiraj Relli is the CEO from the year 2015 to till date.
It provides the financial services and investment options in PMS, IPO’s, and bonds. HDFC securities also offer trading in currency, commodity, and equity. It has acquired the position of the runner-up in the best e-brokerage house category by Outlook award for the years 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016. They also have a great advisory team, who provide research reports tips and recommendations to clients in addition to, online education, NRI services, and so on.
They are a corporate members of the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange. They are also a depository participant of National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL), and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
The firm also offers dedicated online relationship manager to customers who are looking for information on investment options and portfolio tracking.
Here are some of the features favoring HDFC Securities:
- Faster transactions because of linked trading accounts, saves a majority of time of traders
- Orders are placed electronically which makes the process faster
- An email is sent to the investor as soon as his or her order is executed, to prevent any mismanagement
- HDFC Securities offer the highest level of security to their customers
- Dedicated staff catering to various customer needs
HDFC Securities Brokerage Charges
HDFC Securities hold the same name as their competitors in the case of brokerage. They charge you high for every segment like equity, currency, and commodities. HDFC Securities is considered unaffordable for small retail investors and traders.
The brokerage structure is as mentioned below
|Equity Delivery||0.50% or min Rs.25/- or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Equity Intraday||0.10% or min Rs.25/- or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Equity Futures||Resident Indians - 0.05% or min Rs.25/- or ceiling of 2.5% of transaction value (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Equity Options||Higher of 1% of the premium amount or Rs.100 per lot (Both Buy & Sell)|
|Currency Futures||Brokerage of Rs. 23/- per Contract|
|Currency Options||Brokerage of Rs. 20/- per Contract|
|Commodities Futures||0.025% or min Rs.20/- per order.|
Brokerage for Delivery-Based Trades – Equity Segment
|Delivery Based Trades||
Resident Indians – 0.50% or min Rs 25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (both buy and sell)
For NRIs – 0.75% or min Rs 100 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (both buy and sell)
|Square-off trades Cash & Carry Scrips||0.10% or min Rs 25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (both buy and sell)|
|Square-off trades margin scrips||0.10% or min Rs 25 or ceiling of 2.5% on transaction value (both buy and sell)|
Brokerage for Delivery Based Trades – Derivatives (Futures Market)
|Non-Square Off (Carry Forward) Trade||0.05% or min Rs 25 or ceiling of 2.5% of transaction value (both buy and sell)|
|Square-off trades||0.025% or min Rs 25 or ceiling of 2.5% of transaction value (both buy and sell)|
Brokerage for Delivery Based Trades – Derivatives (Option Market)
|Brokerage||Higher of 1% of the premium amount or Rs 100 per lot (both buy and sell)|
They only have one basic brokerage plan which is expensive. HDFC Securities don't adapt to the changes at all. Even the big brokers in the industry have tweaked their brokerage plans as per the new trend of discount brokers. But HDFC Securities remain sturdy in their approach towards the customers.
Despite the fact that there have been numerous changes in the brokerage plans across the trading market, HDFC Securities continues to offer one basic brokerage plan which the customers find expensive to manage.
HDFC Securities Other Charges
The one-time trading account opening charges are Rs.999 and trading account maintenance charges are zero. In the case of Demat account, there are no opening charges and the Demat annual maintenance charges are Rs.750/annum.
The account opening charges and maintenance charges are very high as compared to the competitors. While the industry movers offer free account opening charges, HDFC Securities gave this offer only for a limited period of time.
|S.No||Fee Head||Type||Fees||Min / Max|
|2||Dematerialization||Certificate + Dematerialisation Request||Rs 5/- per certificate + Rs 35/- per request||Rs 40/- (min)|
|3||Rematerialisation||Rematerialisation Request||Rs 30/- per request + actuals, Currently a) Rs 10/- for every hundred securities or part thereof; or b) a flat fee of Rs 10/- per certificate whichever is higher||Rs 40/- (min)
|4||Annual Maintenance Charges||Level 1 (upto 10 txns.)||Rs 750/- per annum||-|
|Level 2 (between 11 and 25 txns.)||
Rs 500/- per annum
|Level 3 (greater than 25 txns.)||Rs 300/- per annum||-|
|5||Pledge Services||If Pledge is marked in favour of HDFC Bank||0.02% of the value of the Txn.||Rs 25/- (min)|
|If Pledge is marked to other than HDFC Bank||0.04% of the value of the Txn.||Rs 25/- (min)|
|Debit||0.04 % of the value of the txn||Min. Rs 25/- Max. Rs 5,000/- (per txn.)|
|7||Mailing Charges for Non Periodic statements||Inland Address||Rs 35/- per request||-|
|Foreign Address||Rs 500/- per request||-|
HDFC Securities Platforms & Tools
HDFC Securities offer highest specifications. They offer web trading terminal, desktop trading terminal, and mobile trading platform.
- Desktop trading terminal – Blink
- Web trading terminal - Pro terminal
- Mobile trading platform - HDFC Securities mobile trading.
HDFC securities Blink terminal:
HDFC Securities Blink is the next generation desktop trading platform where you can have all market watch screens and can place orders in either equity or derivatives.
Key features to consider:
- The customizable trading platform helps you to take right investment decisions at the right time. You get the latest tips and recommendations along with technical and fundamental analysis support. You will be assisted with tips in IPO's, equity, and derivatives.
- Equity and F&O orders are placed on a single screen to make your trading experience seamless.
- Advanced charting with technical indicators and options strategies. You can also go back up to 20 years and analyze the fundamental status of the company within the screen.
- There are shortcuts at every corner, which are customizable to the core comfort of the customer.
Blink terminal is accessible at a price to subscribe with Rs 2499 for a validity of 6 months and Rs 3999 for a validity of 1 year
HDFC Securities Pro terminal
HDFC Securities Pro terminal is their web-based trading platform. This is an advanced trading tool that offers a bunch of information about the market along with sentiment analysis, advanced customizable watch list, and advanced charting tools, and is also a great strategy builder.
Key features of pro terminal :
- Sentiment analysis is a key factor for which one should consider pro terminal. It analyzes the market trends and sentiments involved in the stock movement.
- Analyzes the future estimation of the stocks movement with the top class predictive data analysis algorithm.
- Gives Real-time market news from around the globe.
Pro terminal is accessible at a price to subscribe with Rs 2499 but for now, it comes at a discounted price of Rs.1999 plus taxes for a validity of 1 year.
HDFC Securities mobile trading app:
HDFC Securities mobile trading app is a next-generation app, which gives the feasibility to the client to trade on the go. It is available for both iOS and Android devices. It is a super-fast lightweight application incorporated with tips and recommendations. The default home page displays market watch list with stock values and market movement and the opening as well as the closing price of the share for the day.
- The app has the best features in the market with a great user interface
- The client can see the options to buy and sell along with the latest quote and understand the strength of the market
- The tips and recommendations avail the comfort of making accurate decisions
- The home screen shows the total profit or loss
- You can trade across all the segments like equity, currency, commodity, and F&O's. You can also buy IPO's with a single tap.
- Like the above-mentioned platforms, it also has a charting facility where you can check the overall fundamental analysis of the stock round the clock, and can also get historical data of the company and its stocks.
The only HDFC's trading platform without any subscription is their mobile trading app.However, login issues and trouble in trading is observed sometimes.Since the trading platforms are chargeable, clients prefer other brokers who have better equipped tools for trading at lower cost.
HDFC Securities Education & Research
HDFC Securities have their own educational initiative called the Knowledge Centre. The clients can directly walk into the branches to have a demo of the stock market, Their research team is one- of- its- kind and helps the clients to make valuable investment decisions.. Their tips and recommendations are highly accurate. Their education and research facilities make HDFC Securities rank as one of the top 10 in the overall brokers in India.
HDFC Securities Customer Service
HDFC Securities assist their customers with every possible medium of customer service like branch visit, email support, and so on; however, they don't have a toll free number. Customer service is also a great winning factor for the firm. You can call and trade and get clarifications for any doubt. The customer service executives are professionals with a good command of language and knowledge. They speak up to 10 languages.
- You can mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can chat on the window available on their website.
They have different customer care numbers for different states all over the country.
- Customer care number 39019400
- Centralized dealing desk 33553366
Add your local code to the above numbers. Timings: From Monday to Saturday from 9.00 a.m to 11.00 p.m.
HDFC Securities Closing Thoughts
HDFC Securities is one of the best and finest full-service brokers who offer great services along with 3-in-1 accounts. They are one of the top 10 brokers in India.
They are an affordable broker with hidden charges here and there. You need to pay about Rs 4000 to use their trading platforms. Even their brokerage is also high as compared to the discount brokers like Zerodha.
Even though they have the best trading tools and platforms, paying for them without any value is a big concern for the clients and small traders. For heavy traders, it might be useful to have the best at that price. So despite being the giant in the sector, HDFC Securities is losing its charm and customers at a greater pace. Customers tend to deviate towards brokers who charge low brokerage and offer similar value for their money.