Best Brokers For Options Trading
Last Updated: Nov -14-2019
Need help choosing a broker?
We can help you find the right broker and save upto 90% in brokerage fees.
Very often, the best broker for options trading is the one who offers not only the cheapest commissions, but also a very good trading tools and platforms. However, there is a lot more to it before you make a choice. Options trading is an ideal for portfolio margining, which helps to measure and manage risk while trading and investing. Over the past decade, option trading has gained popularity. One of the reasons being investorawareness about the trading derivatives is the availability of option trading analysis tools that help intaking informed decisions. When the right options are chosen, it helps to manage the risks in portfolio, potentially enhancing the returns. For instance, if you trade by taking a loan from your broker to purchase assets, then with the help of options you can lower the amount of the loan. Investyogi.com brings to you a list of brokers who are best suitable for options trading. These brokers, in addition, excel in most of the areas that impact options trading.
- Zerodha – Offers low commissions, better service and a variety of trading tools catering the beginners as well as the expert traders.Zerodha launched,Sensibull, India’s first options trading platform.
- Upstox – Offers low commissions, better-than-average service and quality trading platform.
- Angel Broking – Offers higher-than-average trading commissions, better-than-average service, market research and analytical tools for active traders.
- Kotak securities – Offers brokerage free on intraday trades and better-than-average trading platform
- Axis Securities – Offers brokerage free on intraday trades and provides customer education opportunities.
Before you chose a broker for options trading for yourself, consider the following points.
- Understand your trading needs, style, risk taking ability, and amount of money that you are ready to spend as fees
- Understand the complexity of options trading. While some brokers allow one order at a time, permitting one position per order, others may allow placing unified order to create multiple positions in one shot. Choose as per your needs.
- Some intraday traders may want to get the discounted brokerage access for high-volume and frequent trading, and some may prefer buy and hold till the expiry of the option.
In addition to the requirements of the investor, the broker should also be selected based on the features and functionalities offered and at the associated costs. The common features that are supposed to be considered while opening any brokerage account include, transaction costs, account minimums, trading interfaces, website response time, legalities of registrations, and customer support.
|Brokerage Charges||Best For||Highlights||Commission||Review|
|Zerodha||Low Brokerage + customer education + good trading platforms||Sensibull- options trading platform||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Upstox||Low Brokerage + user friendly platform||User-friendly platform and free tools||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Angel Broking||Overall research + User-friendly platform||customer education opportunities||Rs 20 – Rs 40 per Lot|
|Kotak Securities||Low cost||Low commissions||0 (Intraday), Rs 21 per lot (Carry forward)|
|Axis Securities||Low cost||Low commissions||0 (Intraday), Rs 10 per lot (Carry forward)|
|Fyers||Trading Platform||Advanced research and tools, speedy execution||Rs 20 per executed order|
|ShareKhan||Overall + Research||research & customer education opportunities||Rs 25 – Rs 50 per Lot|
Is it worth choosing these brokers for free options trading?
Certainly, not. Options are complex trading tools that need to perform due diligence. These free brokerage option traders mostly provide bare-bones platforms, which can put you in a position to lose instead of setting you up for success by stacking the odds against you. So go for a broker who offers a good trading platform, expert customer service, and of course low brokerage,the lesser you pay as fees the more profit you keep. If you still need any guidance or support in terms of figuring out the most suitable stock broker, then we are here to help you!
In case you are looking to get started with stock market investments or looking to open account with any of the above listed stock brokers,let us assist you in taking the next steps ahead.
Enter basic details here and a callback will be arranged for you!