Geojit is a leading investment services company in India, which is also known as Geojit BNP Paribhas. It also has a shipping and financial services wing known as the Geojit Technologies Private Limited.
Geojit is a partnership firm started by C J George and Ranajit Kanjilal in the year 1987, and later the company was incorporated in 1994 at Cochin and explored its Stock Broking services like Mutual Funds, corporate advisory services, and investment in shares. Geojit is a charter member of the Financial Planning Standards Board of India.
Geojit facilitates a wide range of investment options like equity, futures and options, IPO's and Mutual Funds.
Geojit Brokerage Charges
Geojit being one of the best stock broker in the market, have a very reasonable pricing. Geojit is the only traditional broker that gives tough competition to the evolving online discount brokers with their brokerage structure.They have only one standard brokerage plan which you can find in the table below.
Rs150/contract for carry forward
Rs 125 per Lot
Geojit Other Charges
For Trading Account rupees 250 + DP advance AMC of 40 + 18% GST will be taken as account opening charges
In total, Rs 472 will be taken as a one-time charge. Trading Account Maintenance Charges will be zero for lifetime and Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges will be Rs 400 per annum. But for the 1st year AMC will be zero.
They have an offer for a certain period of time that free trading account and Demat account can be given in the case when the client is willing to deposit and upfront margin check of Rs 10,000 are having the worth of Rs 10,000 holding within 15 days.
Geojit charges Rs 250 per contract or one paisa per share to the maximum of 2.5% per share.
Geojit Platforms & Tools
Geojit has a state-of-the-art online trading platform called Selfie which has multiple conveniences. It has an enhanced buying power for Demat holdings and unsettled shares purchased in the previous statement.
The Selfie has three variants of trading platforms, desktop software, web-based, and mobile trading.
Selfie gold is a web trading application by Geojit. It is powered by the latest web technologies and has a great user interface. This makes Selfie gold a top-notch application which is accessible, understandable and gives a great support during the peak times.
- It has customizable dashboards and widgets.
- Integrated security view with quotes, charts, news, recommendations MBP, F&O Chains
- Market research, real-time news aggregation and visualization engine are available
- General information for all users under the open access area is an added advantage
- Collective trading just a click away
- Advanced chatting platform where you can directly trade from the chart
- Advanced chart types like Heiken-Ashi, Kagi, Point & Figure, Renko & Line Break, 90+ Studies, and indicators.
- It has great adaptable features like rich F&O Analytics and Visualization Engine, Sectoral heat maps, Futures and options chains, Option Greeks charting, and VWAP Screeners.
Selfie Platinum is the next generation desktop trading terminal which can be downloaded as a .exe file fully compatible with the windows system. It is the best platform for active traders who make scalping deals and take advantages of small moments of prices.
Selfie Platinum is like the Selfie Gold with all necessary features marked with a better layout making it more user-friendly.
- Customizable screen layout and setting
- Professional, classic, and customized market watch is allowed
- One of its kind trading terminals for faster execution with instant trade confirmation
- Equity, F&O and currency quote is shown in a single market
- Updated index and index chart tick-by-tick real-time
- Fastest online fund transfer facility
- Orders can be placed after the market hours
- You can invest in Mutual Funds and IPO's within small stations
- Intraday and EOD is possible
- Using appropriate parameters technical indication is an added advantage
Flip Me is a former name of Selfie mobile. It has the cutting edge technology for faster executions of trades. It was launched in 2010 and has great updations since then, after regular intervals with additional functionality, to keep the Competitors at Bay.
Self Mobile is a user-friendly interface which is a perfect blend of innovation and technology. Regardless of the trader being a newbie or a professional, it is recommended to have Selfie mobile app on the mobile.
Now easy trading at your fingertips!
Prominent features of Selfie mobile:
- Portfolio, MBP and streaming market watch
- Portrait and landscape view is possible
- Multiple exchanges like NSE, BSE, FEO, currency and Mutual Funds, all under a single sign in within the screen
- Tick by tick intraday charts
- automated call flow facility to customer care
- Research tips and recommendations provided along with orders and trades popup
- Customized settings
- Online pay in and payout.
Geojit Education & Research
Geojit BNP Paribas takes education and research activities seriously. They regularly update the information guides according to the market changes and educate the clients and traders on what the share market is all about, and which share to buy. They have an educational platform called "Classroom", which regularly guides the professionals about the basics and details of the stock market, and introduces the traders to various trading platforms and mobile trading apps. They educate about Systemic Investment Plans, Mutual Funds, Equity, Currency, F&O's, Retirement plans, Bonds, and much more.
The research tips and recommendations positively impact the client's growth in the long run. These tips help to identify whether the market is bullish or bearish.
Geojit Customer Service
Geojit has all modes of customer service like a dedicated toll-free number and customer care numbers; however, they do not provide any assistance through WhatsApp.
Geojit Financial Services Ltd.
34/659-P, Civil Line Road Padivattom, Kochi 682024
Toll-Free Number -1800-425-5501
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geojit BNP Paribas has a great customer service. Their passion for customer service and a dedicated team of customer service executives has rewarded them Grade A in customer satisfaction and delight.
So if you are looking for a broker who offers excellent customer care, then Geojit it is.
Geojit Closing Thoughts
Geojit is next-generation ready with top-notch platforms for trading and an excellent customer-centric service. However, their brokerages and other charges is a point of concern. In addition, at the peak market hours, the trading platforms and mobile apps lag or do not respond. Apart from their brokerage charges, all other issues are manageable.
It's advisable to have a Geojit account so that you no longer need to look out for another investment solutions. Geojit provides everything about the Investments.